Words — 255 found
1. walk; stroll
2. StrollingStrolling is walking along or through at a leisurely pace... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. footpath; walkway; sidewalk; pavement
2. SidewalkA sidewalk, or pavement, footpath, footway, and sometimes... Read more
2. pace; step
- How slow you are!
3. course (of history, one's life, etc.); history; progress; advance; development
- かいかく 、
- おそ 。
- The reform of both entrance examination system and curriculum makes slow progress.
4. pitch (of a screw, etc.)
歩: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to walk; to go on foot
2. to tread (a figurative path); to follow; to lead (a life); to experience
- つづ 。
- Bill climbed the ladder of success until he became the president of the company.
3. to advance towards (e.g. a solution); to set out (e.g. on the path to destruction, ruin, etc.); to embark (on the road to ...)
1. walking; walk
2. WalkingWalking (also known as ambulation) is one of the main gai... Read more
1. pedestrian crossing; crosswalk
2. Pedestrian crossingA pedestrian crossing or crosswalk is a designated point ... Read more
1. infantry; infantryman; foot soldier
2. InfantryInfantrymen are land based soldiers who are specifically ... Read more
1. pedestrian; walker
2. PedestrianA pedestrian is a person traveling on foot, whether walki... Read more
1. to walk about; to walk around; to walk to and fro; to pace around; to wander
歩きまわる 【あるきまわる】、歩き廻る 【あるきまわる】
歩き廻る: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. taking on a life of its own (of a rumour, etc.)
- Just one part of what he said got picked up by the media and took on a life of its own.
2. walking by oneself; taking a walk by oneself
- あぶ 。
- It is not safe for a girl to go out by herself so late at night.
3. walking unaided; being able to walk without help
4. standing on one's own feet; being independent; taking care of oneself
ひとり歩き 【ひとりあるき】、独り歩き 【ひとりあるき】
1. to compromise; to meet halfway
2. to step up to; to walk up to; to approach