Words — 171 found
1. root (of a plant)
2. root (of a tooth, hair, etc.); center (of a pimple, etc.)
3. root (of all evil, etc.); source; origin; cause; basis
4. one's true nature
5. (fishing) reef
7. RootIn vascular plants, the root is the organ of a plant that... Read more
2. RoofA roof is the covering on the uppermost part of a buildin... Read more
1. feather; plume; down
- Fine feathers make fine birds.
- み 。
- I found a bird whose wing was severely damaged.
3. blade (of a fan, propeller, etc.)Only applies to 羽根
4. shuttlecock (in badminton)Only applies to はね, See also シャトル
5. shuttlecock (in hanetsuki)Only applies to 羽根, See also 羽子 はご, also written as 羽子
6. arrow feathersOnly applies to 羽根, See also 矢羽 やばね
羽根 【はね】、羽 【は】
1. hedge; fence
2. border; limit
3. HedgeA hedge or hedgerow is a line of closely spaced shrubs an... Read more
1. roots of grass; places hidden from sightSee also 草の根を分けて探す
- I want you to search high and low for a writer who's just right for this project. Leave no stone unturned.
2. grassroots (e.g. of a political party); rank and file
- We must focus on building a solid grass-roots movement.
1. root; joint; base; crotch
つけ根 【つけね】、付根 【つけね】、附根 【つけね】、附け根 【つけね】
1. innermost feelings; heart; motive
- Haru's always been like that; he's very kind at heart.
2. nature; disposition; spiritOnly applies to こころね
JLPT N1 Links
1. (plant) bulb
2. BulbA bulb is a short stem with fleshy leaves or leaf bases. ... Read more
1. square rootMathematics
2. Square rootIn mathematics, a square root of a number a is a number y... Read more
1. daikon (variety of large white Oriental radish, Raphanus sativus var. longipinnatus)
- Daikon might be more expensive than the carrots.
2. ham actorAbbreviation, See also 大根役者
1. (mountain) ridge
2. RidgeA ridge is a geological feature consisting of a chain of ... Read more
1. groundless; entirely contrary to factYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. root of an evil; source of a problem; source of trouble; cause of misfortune