Words — 302 found
1. part; assigning (allotment of) parts; role; duties
2. RoleA role or a social role is a set of connected behaviours,... Read more
役割り: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. government office; public office
2. Seat of local governmentIn local government, a city hall, town hall or (more rare... Read more
1. to be helpful; to be useful
役にたつ 【やくにたつ】、やくに立つ 【やくにたつ】
1. role; assignment; responsibility; duty; function; job; service
- は 。
- He played an important part.
2. position (of responsibility); post; office
3. part (in a play, film, etc.); role; character
- His ambition is to play the part of Hamlet.
4. scoring combination; hand; yaku; meldMahjong, , Hanafuda
1. government official
1. actor; actressSee also 俳優
2. man of wits; clever person; cunning fellow
1. (company) director; executive; top managementOnly applies to じゅうやく
2. important post; role with heavy responsibilities
おもやく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. post; official position
2. managerial position; executive position
1. to be useful; to be helpful; to serve the purpose
1. child actor; child actress
2. child's role (in a film, play, etc.); child's part
3. Child actorThe term child actor or child actress is generally applie... Read more
1. board of directors
- The Board of Directors aim is to make decisions regarding business affairs of the company.
2. board of directors' meeting
3. Board of directorsA board of directors is a body of elected or appointed me... Read more
1. supporting role (actor); minor role
2. Supporting characterA supporting character is a character of a book, play, vi... Read more
傍役 【わきやく】、わき役 【わきやく】
1. of no avail; uselessSee also 役に立つ
役にたたない 【やくにたたない】、やくに立たない 【やくにたたない】、役に立た無い 【やくにたたない】
1. penal servitude; serving time in prison
- His son is serving his sentence.
2. military service
3. forced labor; compulsory service