Words — 163 found
1. (single-edged) sword; katana
- れんしゅう ？」「
- "Practising sword throwing?" "It just slipped out of my hands."
2. dagger; knife
3. scalpelOnly applies to とう
4. chisel; burin; graverOnly applies to とう, See also 彫刻刀 ちょうこくとう
5. knife money; knife-shaped commodity money used in Zhou dynasty ChinaOnly applies to とう, See also 刀銭
6. BackswordA backsword is a type of European sword characterized as ... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. scissors; shears; clippersUsually written using kana alone, See also 螯
2. hole punchUsually written using kana alone
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. razorUsually written using kana alone
2. RazorA razor is a bladed tool primarily used in the removal of... Read more
剃刀 【かみすり】、剃刀 【そり】、カミソリ
かみすり: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. そり: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. straight to the point; point-blank; frank; directYojijukugo (four character compound)
短刀直入: Irregular kanji usage.
1. cutting in two with a single stroke; taking decisive (drastic) measure; cutting the (Gordian) knotYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. wooden sword
3. BokkenA bokken (木剣, bok, "wood", and ken, "sword") (or commonly... Read more
木刀 【ぼくっとう】、木刀 【ぼくた】、木刀 【きがたな】
ぼくっとう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ぼくた: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. きがたな: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. long sword
2. TachiThe tachi is one type of traditionally made Japanese swor... Read more
大刀 【たち】、大刀 【だいとう】
1. short sword; dagger; dirk
2. TantōA tantō is one of the traditionally made Japanese swords ... Read more
1. bamboo sword (for kendo); bamboo fencing stickMartial arts term
2. Shinaiis a weapon used for practice and competition in kendo re... Read more
1. crossing swords
2. competing against; contending with; fighting against
1. to be a good match for; to stand a chance against; to be able to compete with; to hold one's ownoften in neg.
- I gave it a try figuring that anything is worth a try. But putting together a program like this is something I'm no match for.