Words — 489 found
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. blue; azure
2. greenmostly in compound words and in ref. to fruits, plants and traffic lights
3. green light (traffic)Abbreviation, See also 青信号
4. black (horse coat color)See also 青毛
5. blue 5-point cardHanafuda, Abbreviation, See also あおたん
6. immature; unripe; young
7. BlueBlue is a colour, the perception of which is evoked by li... Read more
蒼 【あお】、碧 【あお】
1. youth; young man
2. YouthYouth is the time of life between childhood and adulthood... Read more
1. blue; azure
- Do you know why the sky is blue?
2. greenmostly arch. or in ref. to fruits, vegetables and traffic lights, etc.
3. pale; gray; greyOnly applies to 青い, Only applies to 蒼い, in ref. to facial colour
- The moment she heard the news, she turned pale.
4. unripe; inexperiencedOnly applies to 青い, Only applies to 蒼い
- あお 」
- You're still green.
蒼い 【あおい】、碧い 【あおい】
碧い: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. pale; pallid
- When John came back, he looked pale as if he had seen a ghost.
蒼白い 【あおじろい】、青じろい 【あおじろい】
Common word Links
1. blueprint; cyanotype
2. blueprint (for the future); plan
3. CyanotypeCyanotype is a photographic printing process that gives a... Read more
2. BronzeBronze is a metal alloy consisting primarily of copper, u... Read more
1. to become pale; to turn pale
蒼ざめる 【あおざめる】、青褪める 【あおざめる】、蒼褪める 【あおざめる】
1. green light (traffic)
2. green light; go-ahead signal; permission to go ahead (with something)Idiomatic expression
1. verdant; fresh and green; bright green; lushoften 青々として
青青 【あおあお】、蒼蒼 【あおあお】、碧碧 【あおあお】、蒼々 【あおあお】、碧々 【あおあお】
蒼蒼: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 碧碧: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 蒼々: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 碧々: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. Aomori prefecture (Tōhoku area)
2. Aomori Prefecture
3. Aomori PrefectureAomori Prefecture is a prefecture of Japan located in the... Read more
1. bluebird of happinessfrom the play The Blue Bird by Maurice Maeterlinck
2. The Blue Bird (play)The Blue Bird is a 1908 play by Belgian author Maurice Ma... Read more
2. AdolescenceAdolescence is a transitional stage of physical and psych... Read more