Words — 18 found
1. to open (a door, etc.); to unwrap (e.g. parcel, package); to unlockOnly applies to 開ける
- あ 。
- The three boys opened the doors of the building.
2. to open (for business, etc.)Only applies to 開ける
- I'm sorry I opened your mail by mistake.
3. to empty; to remove; to make space; to make roomesp. 空ける
- Empty the purse into this bag.
4. to move out; to clear outesp. 空ける
5. to be away from (e.g. one's house); to leave (temporarily)esp. 空ける
6. to dawn; to grow lightesp. 明ける
7. to end (of a period, season)esp. 明ける
8. to begin (of the New Year)esp. 明ける
9. to leave (one's schedule) open; to make time (for)esp. 明ける
10. to make (a hole); to open up (a hole)
空ける 【あける】、明ける 【あける】
1. leaving open; leaving ajar
2. outspoken; frank
開けっ放し 【あけっぱなし】、あけっ放し 【あけっぱなし】、明けっぱなし 【あけっぱなし】、明けっ放し 【あけっぱなし】
1. to open wide (doors, windows, etc.); to fling open
1. to open out (of a view, scenery, etc.); to spread out; to become clear (of a road, visibility, etc.); to open up
2. to improve (of luck, prospects, etc.); to get better
- And soon your luck will turn for the better.
3. to develop (of a town, civilization, etc.); to become civilized; to modernize; to grow; to advance (of knowledge, ideas, etc.)
4. to be sensible; to be understanding; to be enlightened
5. to open (of a new road, railway, etc.); to be opened to traffic
6. to become populous; to become densely built; to become bustling
1. to vacate; to surrender (e.g. a castle); to give up (e.g. a position); to hand over (e.g. power)
明渡す 【あけわたす】、開け渡す 【あけわたす】
開け渡す: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to open (e.g. one's robe); to bare (e.g. one's chest); to exposeUsually written using kana alone
- Kazuko bared her breast and fed the baby.
2. to open up (of clothing); to be exposedUsually written using kana alone
3. to open wide (one's legs, eyes, mouth, etc.); to stretchArchaism, Usually written using kana alone
肌蹴る: Irregular kanji usage.
1. leaving open; leaving ajarSee also 開けっ放し
2. outspoken; frank