Words — 3 found
1. to meet; to encounter; to see逢う is often used for close friends, etc. and may be associated with drama or pathos; 遭う may have an undesirable nuance
- おぼえ 。
- I remember seeing him before.
2. to have an accident; to have a bad experienceUsually written using kana alone, esp. 遭う when in kanji
- あ 。
- I was caught in a shower on my way to the station.
逢う 【あう】、遭う 【あう】、遇う 【あう】
遇う: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. twilight (traditionally regarded as a time when accidents and disasters are frequent)See also 大禍時
逢魔が刻 【おうまがとき】、逢魔時 【おうまがとき】、逢魔ヶ刻 【おうまがとき】、逢魔ヶ時 【おうまがとき】