Words — 28 found
1. to go out to meet
- くだ 。
- Please pick me up at the hotel at six o'clock.
2. to receive; to welcome; to greet; to salute; to hail; to reach; to approach; to enter (a phase, era, etc.)
- He had been ill for a week when they sent for a doctor.
3. to accept (e.g. as a member of a group or family)
- むか 。
- The Prime Minister has won his services as Minister for Justice.
4. to call for; to summon; to invite
- き 。
- It was decided that he should be sent for at once.
5. to approach (a certain time, a point in one's life, etc.)
- I wish you a Happy New Year.
1. meeting; greeting; welcome
1. ingratiation; pandering; catering (to); going along with (someone or something); accommodating oneself (e.g. to public opinion)
1. reception hall (esp. for visiting state dignitaries); guest house
2. State Guest House (esp. Akasaka palace, also guest house in Kyoto)
4. Akasaka PalaceAkasaka Palace is a former imperial residence that functi... Read more
1. to meet (the enemy) and attack; to engage (the approaching enemy); to confront; to intercept
1. to call for someone; to come for someone; to pick someone up
1. sticking out one's tongue when putting food in one's mouthColloquialism