1. to go out to meet
- くだ 。
- Please pick me up at the hotel at six o'clock.
2. to receive; to welcome; to greet; to salute; to hail; to reach; to approach; to enter (a phase, era, etc.)
- He had been ill for a week when they sent for a doctor.
3. to accept (e.g. as a member of a group or family)
- むか 。
- The Prime Minister has won his services as Minister for Justice.
4. to call for; to summon; to invite
- き 。
- It was decided that he should be sent for at once.
5. to approach (a certain time, a point in one's life, etc.)
- I wish you a Happy New Year.
Log in to talk about this word.