1. to continue; to keep up; to keep on
1. to continue; to last; to go on
- How long will this cold weather go on?
2. to continue (without a break); to be unbroken
- There was a continuous line of cars.
3. to occur again and again
- つづ 。
- There have been a lot of airplane accidents recently.
4. to lead to; to connect to; to adjoin
- せま 。
- The road which leads to the hotel is narrow.
5. to come after; to follow; to succeed; to rank next to
6. to hold out; to keep; to last
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. continuation; rest (of the story, work, etc.); next installment; sequel
2. flow (e.g. of a piece of writing); pacing (of a story)
3. succession (of); sequence; series; spell; stretch; streak; run
1. successively; one after another
1. to succeed (a person, to a position, etc.); to inherit; to take over; to follow
2. to patch (clothes); to mend; to repairOnly applies to 継ぐ
3. to add (e.g. charcoal to the fire); to replenish with; to feed with; to follow up with (e.g. remarks); to gather (one's breath)Only applies to 継ぐ
嗣ぐ 【つぐ】、続ぐ 【つぐ】、襲ぐ 【つぐ】
1. successive; consecutive; back-to-back; one after anotherusu. as 続けざまに
続け様 【つづけざま】、続け様 【つづけさま】、続けさま 【つづけさま】
1. appearing one after another; cropping up one after another; occurring in succession
1. subsequently; next
2. after ...; following ...; in the wake of ...as 〜に続いて