Words — 59 found
1. hole; opening; orifice; perforation
- And the teams competed with each other to try to kick the ball through this hole.
2. pit; hollow; cavity; hole (e.g. in the ground)
3. burrow; den; lair; holt; hole
4. deficit; shortage; (financial) hole; loss
- にたい 、
- Let me apologize once again for missing our meeting.
5. gap (left by a missing employee, team member, etc.); vacancy; opening
6. flaw; fault; defect; weak point; hole (in a theory, plan, etc.); loophole
7. good place not many people know about; well-kept secretSee also 穴場
8. upset victory (with a large payoff); long shot; dark horse
9. (partitioned) box (type of floor seating in a traditional Japanese theatre)See also 枡, theatre jargon
10. hiding place; hideoutArchaism
1. ass; arse; buttocksUsually written using kana alone, Colloquialism
- ときどき 、
- Sometimes I feel like kicking my own rump.
2. rear; endUsually written using kana alone, Colloquialism
3. acupuncture pointOnly applies to 穴
4. hole; notchOnly applies to 穴
5. ButtocksThe buttocks are two rounded portions of the anatomy, loc... Read more
1. badgerUsually written using kana alone
- ほ 。
- Badgers dig deep holes.
2. Eurasian badger (Meles meles)Usually written using kana alone
4. European badgerThe European badger (Meles meles) is a species of badger ... Read more
穴熊 【あなくま】、貛 【あなぐま】、貛 【あなくま】、アナグマ
貛: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 貛: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
Common word Links
1. filling (up) a hole
2. filling in (for a gap, vacancy, etc.); stopgap; filler (e.g. article)
3. making up (for a loss, damage, etc.); covering (a deficit); compensation
- The country is trying hard to make up for her trade deficit.
4. cloze deletion (test format)
1. good place not many people know about; great little-known spot (for); good out-of-the-way place; well-kept secret; hidden gem of a place
2. betting booth (at a racecourse)Colloquialism
1. riddled with holes; full of holes
2. full of flaws; full of loopholes; faulty; flawed
- The argument is full of holes.
1. to cause a loss
2. to make a hole (in)
- A rat chewed a hole in the wall.
穴をあける 【あなをあける】、穴を空ける 【あなをあける】
1. to have a hole; to be pierced (with a hole)
穴が空く 【あながあく】、穴があく 【あながあく】
1. (to be ashamed enough) to wish you could just disappear; wanting to sink into the ground in shame
1. to fill in a hole
2. to plug a gap (money, personnel, etc.); to make up for a deficiency; to cover a deficit
1. swiftletUsually written using kana alone
2. SwiftletSwiftlets are birds contained within the four genera Aero... Read more
1. burrowing owl (Athene cunicularia)Usually written using kana alone
2. Burrowing OwlThe Burrowing Owl (Athene cunicularia) is a tiny but long... Read more
穴掘梟: Rarely-used kanji form. 穴堀梟: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. European rabbit (Oryctolagus cuniculus)Usually written using kana alone
2. European RabbitThe European Rabbit or Common Rabbit (Oryctolagus cunicul... Read more
1. anus; asshole; arseholeVulgar expression or word, Slang, Usually written using kana alone, See also マンコ