Words — 43 found
1. Shinto shrine
2. Shinto shrineA Shinto shrine is a structure whose main purpose is to h... Read more
じんしゃ: Irregular kana usage.
1. portable shrine (carried in festivals)See also お神輿, esp. 神輿
2. palanquinHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to みこし, See also 輿, esp. 御輿
5. MikoshiA mikoshi is a divine palanquin (often improperly transla... Read more
神輿 【みこし】、神興 【みこし】、神輿 【しんよ】、神輿 【じんよ】
神興: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word Links
1. high-status Shinto shrine with connection to imperial family; imperial Shinto shrine
1. sacred treasure; the three sacred treasures (sword, jewel, mirror)See also 三種の神器
2. implement used in religious ceremonies
神器 【しんき】、神器 【しんぎ】
しんぎ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. Shinto ritual
神事 【かみごと】、神事 【じんじ】、神事 【かむこと】
じんじ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. かむこと: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. Department of Divinities (1868-1871)Obsolete term, Only applies to じんぎかん
2. Department of Worship (under the ritsuryo system)Archaism, See also 律令制
4. Jingi-kan, also known as the Department of Shinto Affairs, was a J... Read more
神祇官 【かみづかさ】、神祇官 【かんづかさ】
かみづかさ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. かんづかさ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. Jingo-keiun era (767.8.16-770.10.1)
2. Jingo-keiunJingo-keiun was a Japanese era name after Tenpyō-jingo an... Read more
1. mysterious turtle (an omen of good luck)Obscure term, Only applies to しんき
2. Jinki era (724.2.4-729.8.5); Shinki era
3. Jinki (era)Jinki was a Japanese era name after Yōrō and before Tenpy... Read more
1. ancient Japanese characters (regarded today as created at a much more recent date)
2. Jindai mojiJindai moji or Kamiyo moji are characters that was said t... Read more
1. Buddhist temple within a Shinto shrine; temple attached to a shrine
2. Jingū-jiUntil the Meiji period (1868–1912), the Japanese jingū-ji... Read more
1. transferring a shintai in a portable shrine, e.g. to another shrine or to a ceremonyShinto term, See also 神体
1. small shrineOnly applies to ほくら, See also 祠 ほこら
2. depository for sacred objects
宝倉 【ほくら】、神庫 【じんこ】