Words — 21 found
1. companion; partner; company
- Who is your dance partner?
2. other party; addressee
- All those tricks he's got up his sleeve make him a formidable client.
3. opponent (sports, etc.)
- だい １
- い 。
- The boxer said he would knock down his opponent in the first round.
1. to challenge (esp. in a lawsuit); to take on an opponent (in negotiations, contest, etc.)
1. determining an attitude or response according to the opponentYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. out of one's league; facing a too tough opponent; outclassedColloquialism
1. to ignore; to take no notice of; to give the cold shoulder to; to not associate with; to snub; to refuse to deal with
1. the other party (usu. in business); person or party with whom you are dealing (on the other end)
1. partner country; other country (in a dispute, arrangement, etc.); opponent (country)
1. to keep company; to look after; to entertain; to play (a game) with
1. good match for an opponent; worthy (e.g. rival)