Words — 11 found
1. to burn
- Could you cook this meat a little more?
2. to roast; to broil; to grill; to bake; to toast; to barbecue
- I'd like two prints of each.
3. to heat; to heat up
- おも 。
- I am going to try to get a good tan.
4. to make (charcoal, pottery, bricks, etc.); to bake; to fire; to burn
- I hear that you can burn CDs with Windows XP; could you tell me a website that explains the procedures involved?
5. to tan (i.e. suntan); to burnSee also 灼く やく
6. to print (a photo); to burn (an optical disc)
7. to be jealous of; to be envious of; to envySee also 妬く やく
燬く 【やく】、焚く 【やく】
燬く: Out-dated kanji. 焚く: Out-dated kanji.
1. to burn; to be roasted; to be heated; to be sunburnt; to fade (in the sun); to glow red (i.e. of the sky at sunset)Only applies to 焼ける
- や 。
- This toast is not done enough.
2. to be jealous; to be envious
灼ける 【やける】、妬ける 【やける】
1. becoming red hot; red heat; scorching heat; incandescence
2. running high (of emotions); burning (with passion, enthusiasm, etc.)
1. clearly miraculous; remarkably miraculous; strikingUsually written using kana alone
1. clear; vivid; brilliantArchaism, See also 灼たか
2. prominent; obvious; evidentArchaism
1. clear (miracle, sign from the Gods) manifestArchaism
2. plain as day; obvious; clearArchaism
いやちこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading).