Words — 9 found
1. to pierce; to penetrate; to soak in; to permeateUsually written using kana alone
- His advice touched me to the quick.
2. to sting (wound or sensitive area, etc.); to smart; to twingeUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to 染みる, Only applies to 沁みる
- The soap hurt my eyes.
3. to be infected (with vice); to be steeped (with prejudice); to be influencedUsually written using kana alone
4. to feel keenly; to make a deep impressionUsually written using kana alone
沁みる 【しみる】、滲みる 【しみる】、浸みる 【しみる】、泌みる 【しみる】
JLPT N2 Links
1. keenly; deeply; fully; heartily; seriously; earnestlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone
- かん 。
- The sad story came home to her.
2. calmly; quietly; softlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone
3. fixedly (e.g. gazing, staring)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone
染み染み 【しみじみ】、沁沁 【しみじみ】、泌み泌み 【しみじみ】
泌み泌み: Irregular kanji usage.
1. urinary organs
2. Urinary systemThe urinary system or urinary tract (also called the excr... Read more