Words — 53 found
1. clothes (esp. Western clothes)
- He dried his wet clothes by the fire.
2. counter for doses of medicine, gulps of tea, drags of a cigarette, etc.See also 一服
1. to drink; to gulp; to swallow; to take (medicine)呑む often means swallowing whole, gulping, etc.
- Must I take this medicine?
2. to smoke (tobacco)See also 喫む, also written 喫む
3. to engulf; to overwhelm
4. to keep down; to suppress
5. to accept (e.g. demand, condition)
6. to make light of; to conceal
7. DrinkingDrinking is the act of ingesting water or other drinks th... Read more
呑む 【のむ】、飮む 【のむ】
飮む: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. garments; attire
2. CostumeThe term costume can refer to wardrobe and dress in gener... Read more
1. penal servitude; serving time in prison
- His son is serving his sentence.
2. military service
3. forced labor; compulsory service
1. to obey; to submit to; to yield to; to accept; to abide by
2. to serve (in the army, a prison sentence, etc.)
- The convict was pardoned after serving his sentence.
3. to go into (mourning); to observeSee also 喪に服する, also pronounced ぶくする
4. to take (medicine, poison, etc.); to drink (tea)also pronounced ぶくする
1. small silk wrapper; small cloth for wiping tea utensils; crepe wrapper
2. Fukusa, are a type of Japanese textile used for gift-wrapping o... Read more
帛紗 【ふくさ】、服紗 【ふくさ】
1. clothing and accessories; attire
1. dress code
2. Dress code (Western)A dress code is a set of rules governing what garments ma... Read more