Words — 58 found
1. shadow; silhouette; figure; shape
- The girl was afraid of her own shadow.
2. reflection; image
- み 。
- Reflections could be seen in the puddles.
3. ominous sign
4. light (stars, moon)
5. trace; shadow (of one's former self)
6. ShadowA shadow is an area where direct light from a light sourc... Read more
1. influence; effect; impact
1. malicious gossip; backbiting; speaking ill behind someone's back
蔭口 【かげぐち】、影口 【かげぐち】
影口: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to project a shadow; to cast a shadow
- かげをな 。
- Coming events cast their shadows before.
1. inconspicuous; unobtrusive; low-profileSee also 影が薄い
- With the appearance of a promising new writer, the aging novelist fell from prominence.
1. in the background; not standing outSee also 影の薄い
Common word Links
1. shadow cabinet
2. Shadow CabinetThe Shadow Cabinet (also called the Shadow Front Bench or... Read more
1. shadow picture; silhouette; shadowgraph
2. Shadow playShadow play or also known as shadow puppetry is an ancien... Read more
影画: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. body double; doubleorig. of a military leader
2. wire puller; person behind the scenes; shadow commander
陰武者: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. shadow cast by Mount Fuji; image of Mount Fuji as reflected in a lake, etc.
1. in the background; not standing outSee also 影が薄い