Words — 71 found
1. to protect; to guard; to defend
- You have to protect your family.
2. to keep (i.e. a promise); to abide (by the rules); to observe; to obey; to follow
- Once you have made a promise, you must keep it.
護る 【まもる】、戍る 【まもる】
戍る: Irregular kanji usage.
1. protection; safeguard
2. shugo (Kamakura or Muromachi period military governor)
4. Shugowas a title, commonly translated as "Governor," given to ... Read more
すご: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. guardian spirit
2. Spirit guide"Spirit guide" is a term used by the Western tradition of... Read more
1. patron saint
2. Patron saintA patron saint is a saint who, in Eastern Orthodox, Orien... Read more
1. guardian angel
2. Guardian angelA guardian angel is an angel assigned to protect and guid... Read more
1. one's fielding average
2. Fielding percentageIn baseball statistics, fielding percentage, also known a... Read more
1. to hold on to something (secret, lead in a race, etc.)