Words — 26 found
1. section (i.e. of text); sentence; passage; paragraph
- He explained the literal meaning of the phrase.
- You can omit the preposition in this phrase.
3. verse (of 5 or 7 mora in Japanese poetry; of 4, 5, or 7 characters in Chinese poetry)
4. haiku; first 17 morae of a renga, etc.
5. maxim; saying; idiom; expression
6. PhraseIn everyday speech, a phrase may refer to any group of wo... Read more
1. to divide; to separate; to partition; to demarcate; to delimit; to mark off
- くぎ 。
- The playground is divided into three areas by white lines.
2. to punctuate; to mark off (with a comma); to insert pauses (between words or phrases when reading aloud); to space one's words
句切る: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. pause (in speech, writing, etc.); punctuation
2. break; end; (place to) stop; pause; milestone (e.g. in a project)
1. phrasal verbLinguistics
2. Phrasal verbA phrasal verb is a combination of a verb and a single-wo... Read more
1. breaks and pauses (in a sentence)
2. punctuationAbbreviation, See also 句読点
3. way of reading (esp. kanbun)