Words — 25 found
1. section (i.e. of text); sentence; passage; paragraph
- He explained the literal meaning of the phrase.
2. phraselinguistics terminology
- You can omit the preposition in this phrase.
3. verse (of 5 or 7 mora in Japanese poetry; of 4, 5, or 7 characters in Chinese poetry)
4. haiku; first 17 morae of a renga, etc.
5. maxim; saying; idiom; expression
6. PhraseIn everyday speech, a phrase may refer to any group of wo... Read more
1. to demarcate; to delimit; to divide (an area); to mark off; to cut offesp. 区切る
- くぎ 。
- The playground is divided into three areas by white lines.
2. to punctuate; to put an end to (e.g. a sentence); to insert pauses or breaks (e.g. when reading aloud)esp. 句切る
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. punctuation; pause; juncture
2. end; (place to) stop
1. phrasal verblinguistics terminology
2. Phrasal verbA phrasal verb is a combination of a verb and a single-wo... Read more
1. breaks and pauses (in a sentence)
2. punctuationAbbreviation, See also 句読点
3. way of reading (esp. kanbun)