Words — 62 found
- The girl in the picture is wearing a crown not of gold but of flowers.
2. crown; diadem; coronet
3. top kanji radicalOnly applies to かんむり
4. first verse of a haikai, etc.Only applies to かむり, See also 俳諧
5. best; peerless; firstOnly applies to かん
6. name; title; named sponsorship of a program, event, team, etc.Only applies to かんむり
7. Crown (headgear)A crown is the traditional symbolic form of headgear worn... Read more
冠 【かん】、冠 【かむり】、冠 【かんぶり】
1. to put on (one's head); to wear; to have on; to pull over (one's head); to crown (oneself)Usually written using kana alone
- い 。
- I asked her who the man wearing the white hat was.
2. to be covered with (dust, snow, etc.); to pour (water, etc.) on oneself; to dash on oneself; to ship waterUsually written using kana alone
- The machine was coated with dust.
3. to bear (e.g. someone's debts, faults, etc.); to take (blame); to assume (responsibility); to shoulder (burden)Usually written using kana alone
- みず 、
- Refugees will suffer lack of food, water, medicine and all that.
4. to overlap (e.g. sound or color)
5. to be similar; to be redundant
6. to be fogged (due to overexposure, etc.)of film
7. to close; to come to an endof a play, etc.
8. to get a full house; to sell outof a play, etc.
9. to blunder; to bungle; to failArchaism, See also 毛氈を被る, of a play, etc.
10. to be deceivedArchaism
被る 【かむる】、冠る 【かぶる】、冠る 【かむる】
1. being covered with water (i.e. in a flood); being submerged; being inundated; flooding
Common word Links
1. headgear; headdress
2. (novelty) mask; head mask
かぶり物 【かぶりもの】、被りもの 【かぶりもの】、被物 【かぶりもの】、冠り物 【かぶりもの】、冠物 【かぶりもの】
1. Great Crested Grebe (Podiceps cristatus)Usually written using kana alone
2. Great Crested GrebeThe Great Crested Grebe (Podiceps cristatus) is a member ... Read more
1. lophotrochozoan; any species in the superphylum Lophotrochozoa
2. LophotrochozoaThe Lophotrochozoa are a major grouping of protostome ani... Read more
2. Article (grammar)An article is a word that combines with a noun to indicat... Read more
1. crowned lemur (Eulemur coronatus)Usually written using kana alone
2. Crowned lemurThe crowned lemur (Eulemur coronatus) is a lemur that is ... Read more
1. Japanese murrelet (Synthliboramphus wumizusume); crested murreletUsually written using kana alone
2. Japanese MurreletThe Japanese Murrelet, Synthliboramphus wumizusume also k... Read more
1. crested serpent eagle (Spilornis cheela)Usually written using kana alone
2. Crested Serpent EagleThe Crested Serpent Eagle (Spilornis cheela) is a medium-... Read more
1. first system to rank officials into 12 levels (603 CE)
2. Twelve Level Cap and Rank System, established in 603, was the first of what would be seve... Read more
1. Corona Borealis (constellation); the Northern Crown
2. Corona BorealisCorona Borealis is a small constellation in the northern ... Read more
1. particular word that an owner includes in the names of their racehorses