Words — 14 found
1. near; close; beside; vicinity; proximity; besides; whileUsually written using kana alone
- Don't use the desk by that window.
2. third personOnly applies to はた
- If he doesn't want to learn, we can't make him.
傍 【そば】、側 【そく】、側 【はた】、傍 【はた】、端 【はた】
1. to strain (one's ears, eyes); to prick up (one's ears)Usually written using kana alone
攲てる 【そばだてる】、側てる 【そばだてる】
1. blow received by a bystander; getting dragged in to somebody else's fight
傍杖 【そばづえ】、そば杖 【そばづえ】
1. to shove to one side; to look at out of the corner of one's eyes
1. as soon as; right afterUsually written using kana alone, after verb
1. mistress; kept woman; concubine
目掛け 【めかけ】、目掛 【めかけ】、妾 【そばめ】、側女 【そばめ】、側妻 【そばめ】、妾 【おんなめ】
おんなめ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.