Words — 2 found
1. to be hit; to strikeAntonym: 外す
- あ 。
- He fired but missed.
2. to touch; to be in contact; to be affixed
3. to be equivalent to; to be applicable; to apply to
- The cherry blossom is to Japan what the rose is to England.
4. to be right on the money (of a prediction, criticism, etc.)
- あ 。
- Strange to say, his prediction has come true.
5. to be selected (in a lottery, etc.); to win
- あ 。
- I got a camera in a lottery.
6. to be successful; to go well; to be a hit
7. to face; to confront
8. to lie (in the direction of)
9. to undertake; to be assigned
10. to be stricken (by food poisoning, heat, etc.); to be afflicted
- He was poisoned by the globefish he ate.
11. to be called on (e.g. by a teacher)
12. to treat (esp. harshly); to lash out at
13. to be unnecessaryas 〜するには当たらない, etc.
14. to be hitting well; to be on a hitting streakBaseball term, usu. as 当たっている
15. to feel a bite (in fishing)
16. (of fruit, etc.) to be bruised; to spoil
17. to feel (something) out; to probe into; to check (i.e. by comparison)
18. to shave
19. to be a relative of a person; to be a ... in relation to ...; to stand in a relationshipas 〜の〜に当たる
当る 【あたる】、中る 【あたる】、中たる 【あたる】