Words — 776 found
3. SchoolA school is an institution designed for the teaching of s... Read more
學校: Out-dated kanji.
1. red; crimson; scarlet
- Don't cross the road while the signal is red.
2. red-containing colour (e.g. brown, pink, orange)
3. Red (i.e. communist)Colloquialism, often written as アカ
- It's only the anti-war pinkos who say things like Saddam isn't a threat.
4. red lightAbbreviation, See also 赤信号
6. complete; total; perfect; obviousSee also 赤の他人
7. copperOnly applies to 赤, See also 銅 どう
9. RedRed is any of a number of similar colors evoked by light ... Read more
紅 【あか】、朱 【あか】、緋 【あか】
緋: Out-dated kanji.
1. post-secondary education institution, incl. university, college, etc.See also 総合大学
- You should go on to a technical college.
2. former central university of Kyoto (established under the ritsuryo system for the training of government administrators)Abbreviation, See also 大学寮, See also 国学 こくがく
- The majority of the successful candidates were university graduates.
3. the Great Learning (one of the Four Books)See also 四書
4. UniversityA university is an institution of higher education and re... Read more
大學: Out-dated kanji.
2. Human voiceThe human voice consists of sound made by a human being u... Read more
聲: Out-dated kanji.
2. DeskA desk is a piece of furniture and a type of table often ... Read more
案 【つくえ】、机 【つき】
案: Out-dated kanji. つき: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. chair; stool
- Could you move the chair a bit?
2. post; office; position
- He is a natural to win the Presidency.
3. ChairA chair is a raised surface used to sit on, commonly for ... Read more
倚子: Out-dated kanji.
2. financial situation
3. KitchenA kitchen is a room or part of a room used for cooking an... Read more
台所 【だいどこ】、臺處 【だいどころ】、臺處 【だいどこ】
臺處: Out-dated kanji. 臺處: Out-dated kanji.
2. Human toothTeeth of humans are small, calcified, whitish structures ... Read more
齒: Out-dated kanji.
1. entranceway; entry hall; vestibule; foyer; entryway; mud room
2. Genkanare traditional Japanese entryway areas for a house, apar... Read more
玄關: Out-dated kanji.
1. noon; middaySee also 御昼
- Ken will be at home until noon.
2. daytimeOnly applies to 昼, Only applies to 晝
- かんがえ 。
- I think of her day and night.
3. lunchOnly applies to 昼, Only applies to 晝
- Well, let's have lunch.
4. DaylightDaylight or the light of day is the combination of all di... Read more
午 【ひる】、晝 【ひる】
晝: Out-dated kanji.
1. to drink; to gulp; to swallow; to take (medicine)呑む is often used metaphorically; 服む is often used for medicine
- Must I take this medicine?
2. to smoke (tobacco)See also 喫む, also written 喫む
3. to engulf; to overwhelm
4. to keep down; to suppress
5. to accept (e.g. demand, condition)
6. to make light of; to conceal
7. DrinkingDrinking is the act of ingesting water or other drinks th... Read more
呑む 【のむ】、飮む 【のむ】、服む 【のむ】
飮む: Out-dated kanji. 服む: Irregular kanji usage.
1. spirit; mind; heartSee also 気を逸らす
- Please don't take my mind off the work.
2. nature; dispositionSee also 気が小さい
- He is more gentle than kind.
- I don't feel like working today.
4. mood; feelingsSee also 気が重い
- She could divert herself from the anxieties.
5. ambience; atmosphere; mood
6. QiIn traditional Chinese culture, qì (also chi or ch'i) is ... Read more
氣: Out-dated kanji.
2. DictionaryA dictionary (also called a wordbook, lexicon or vocabula... Read more
辭典 【じてん】、辞典 【ことばてん】、辭典 【ことばてん】、言葉典 【ことばてん】、ことば典 【ことばてん】
辭典: Out-dated kanji. 辭典: Out-dated kanji.
1. monkey (esp. the Japanese macaque, Macaca fuscata); ape; non-human primateUsually written using kana alone, See also ニホンザル
- み 。
- I saw some monkeys climbing the tree.
2. sly personDerogatory
3. idiot; hickDerogatory
4. sliding wooden bolt (for holding a door or window shut)
5. clasp used to control the height of a pot-hookSee also 自在鉤
6. bathhouse prostituteArchaism, See also 湯女
7. Sarh (Chad); Sal
8. MonkeyA monkey is a primate of the Haplorrhini suborder and sim... Read more
猨: Out-dated kanji.
1. lie; fib; falsehood; untruth
- わ 。
- What he said turned out to be false.
2. mistake; error
- Oh my God, I can't believe this.
3. unwise move; bad decision
4. No way!; Unbelievable!; Really?!Colloquialism
5. LieTo lie is to hold something which one knows is not the wh... Read more
噓: Out-dated kanji.
1. yen; Japanese monetary unit
- It cost me 3,000 yen to buy the record.
2. circleorig. meaning
- It no longer seems to be a perfect circle.
圓: Out-dated kanji.
1. manual labor; manual labour; toil; work
- I can't do the hard day's work I used to.
2. Labour PartyAbbreviation, See also 労働党
労動: Out-dated kanji.
1. can; tinFrom Dutch; Flemish “kan”, From English “can”
2. canned foodAbbreviation, See also 缶詰
3. Tin canA tin can, tin, steel can, or a can, is a sealed containe... Read more
罐 【かん】、鑵 【かん】、カン
缶: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 罐: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji. 鑵: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji.
1. nap (afternoon); siesta
3. NapA nap is a short period of sleep, typically taken during ... Read more
昼寐: Out-dated kanji.