Words — 780 found
1. nap (afternoon); siesta
3. NapA nap is a short period of sleep, typically taken during ... Read more
昼寐: Out-dated kanji.
1. fool; idiotUsually written using kana alone
2. trivial matter; folly; absurdityUsually written using kana alone
3. foolish; stupid; dull; absurd; ridiculousUsually written using kana alone
4. Mactra chinensis (species of trough shell)Abbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, See also 馬鹿貝
5. Baka (fool)Baka (馬鹿, ばか, or バカ) is a frequently used Japanese word m... Read more
莫迦 【ばか】、破家 【ばか】、馬稼 【ばか】、バカ
馬鹿: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 莫迦: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 破家: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 馬稼: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. tedium; boredom; dullness
2. to feel bored; to get bored with; to get tired of
3. BoredomBoredom is an emotional state experienced when an individ... Read more
怠屈: Out-dated kanji.
1. memorization; memorisation; learning by heart
2. Rote learningRote learning is a learning technique which focuses on me... Read more
諳記: Out-dated kanji.
1. prefecture (of Japan)
- Tulips are our prefecture's official flower.
2. county (of China)
3. PrefectureFor subsequent types of praefectura, see Prefect. A prefe... Read more
縣: Out-dated kanji.
1. obi; kimono sash
- Her kimono and obi combination is smart, isn't it?
3. Obi (sash)is a sash for traditional Japanese dress, keikogi worn fo... Read more
帯 【たらし】、帶 【おび】、帶 【たらし】
たらし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 帶: Out-dated kanji. たらし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 帶: Out-dated kanji.
1. to be able (in a position) to do; to be up to the taskUsually written using kana alone
- I'm sorry, I can't stay long.
2. to be ready; to be completedUsually written using kana alone
- お 」
- "Is the essay ready?" "No, I'm sorry. I haven't finished writing it yet."
3. to be made; to be builtUsually written using kana alone
- That football is made of genuine leather.
4. to be good at; to be permitted (to do)Usually written using kana alone
- May I use your toilet?
5. to become intimate; to take up (with somebody)Usually written using kana alone
- They seem to be in love with each other.
6. to grow; to be raisedUsually written using kana alone
- でき 。
- Oranges grow in warm countries.
7. to become pregnantUsually written using kana alone
出きる 【できる】、出來る 【できる】
出來る: Out-dated kanji.
驛: Out-dated kanji.
1. small quantity; little; few; something
- たま 、
- もど 。
- Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.
2. little while
- Do you mind if I watch TV for a while?
3. short distance
寡し 【すこし】、些し 【すこし】
些し: Out-dated kanji.
1. to go; to move (in a direction or towards a specific location); to head (towards); to be transported (towards); to reachSee also 来る くる
- おかあ 、
- Can I go swimming, Mother?
2. to proceed; to take placeSee also 旨く行く, い sometimes omitted in auxiliary use
- We'll have to try and make the best of it.
3. to pass through; to come and go
- These rules have been and always will be observed.
4. to walk
5. to die; to pass awayOnly applies to 逝く
6. to do (in a specific way)
7. to stream; to flow
8. to continue
9. to have an orgasm; to come; to cumUsually written using kana alone
10. to trip; to get high; to have a drug-induced hallucinationUsually written using kana alone, Slang
行く 【ゆく】、逝く 【いく】、逝く 【ゆく】、往く 【いく】、往く 【ゆく】
往く: Out-dated kanji. 往く: Out-dated kanji.
1. to get on (train, plane, bus, ship, etc.); to get in; to board; to take; to embark
- I'm catching the 11:00 train.
2. to get on (e.g. a footstool); to step on; to jump on; to sit on; to mountSee also 載る のる
- You really put that much in the sandwich?
3. to reach; to go over; to pass
- だま 」
- まちが 。
- If you say "I was tricked," well that's certainly so but there's no mistaking that you were the one who signed up on a "sweet deal".
4. to follow; to stay (on track); to go with (the times, etc.)
- の 。
- A full description of him has been circulated in every newspaper.
5. to take part; to participate; to join
6. to get into the swing (and sing, dance, etc.)
7. to be deceived; to be taken in
8. to be carried; to be spread; to be scatteredusu. with an adverb of manner, e.g. よく乗る
9. to stick; to attach; to take; to go onusu. with an adverb of manner, e.g. よく乗る
乘る: Out-dated kanji.
1. country; state
- おさ 。
- The king governed the country.
- ほっかいどう 富良野
- "From the North Country" is a TV drama produced by Fuji TV and set in Furano in Hokkaido.
3. national government; central government
4. home (i.e. hometown, home country)
- The scientist is famous both at home and abroad.
5. province (of Japan)Archaism, See also 国郡里制
6. land; earthArchaism
邦 【くに】、國 【くに】
國: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. remainder; rest; balance; remains; scraps; residue; remnantUsually written using kana alone
- Gyoza stuffing? I made some gyoza at home but, possibly because I didn't have enough dough, I had some of the filling left over.
2. not very (with negative sentence); not muchUsually written using kana alone
- It's not worth much.
3. surplus; excess; fullness; too muchUsually written using kana alone, See also の余り のあまり
- はたら 。
- It is too hot to work.
4. more than; over
- We were entranced by the fabulous suite.
余り 【あんまり】、餘り 【あまり】、餘り 【あんまり】
餘り: Out-dated kanji. 餘り: Out-dated kanji.
1. difficult; hard; troublesome; complicated; serious (disease, problem, etc.)
2. fussy; particular; fastidious; hard to please; displeased
3. gloomy; glum; sullen; serious (look)
4. dirty; unclean; filthy; detestableArchaism
5. unpleasant; uncomfortable; creepy; spookyArchaism
難しい 【むつかしい】、六借しい 【むずかしい】、六借しい 【むつかしい】、六ヶ敷い 【むずかしい】、六ヶ敷い 【むつかしい】
六借しい: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji. 六借しい: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji. 六ヶ敷い: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji. 六ヶ敷い: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji.
1. truth; reality; actuality; fact
2. proper; right; correct; official
3. genuine; authentic; natural; veritable
本当 【ほんと】、本當 【ほんとう】、本當 【ほんと】、ホント、ホントー、ホントウ
ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji. ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji. ホント: Irregular kana usage.
1. to lie down
- ね 。
- I lay on my face.
2. to go to bed; to lie in bed
- ね 。
- I'll be in bed by the time you get home.
3. to sleep (lying down)See also 眠る
- つか 、
- Last night, I was so tired that I fell asleep with the TV on.
4. to sleep (with someone, i.e. have intercourse)
5. to lie idle
寐る: Out-dated kanji.
1. fast; quick; hasty; briskesp. 速い, 疾い, 捷い
- はや 」
- おそ 」
- はんたい 。
- "Fast" is the opposite of "slow."
2. early (in the day, etc.); prematureesp. 早い
- If it is useful for improving your life, it cannot be done too soon.
3. (too) soon; not yet; (too) earlyesp. 早い
4. easy; simple; quickSee also 手っ取り早い, esp. 早い
- Heck, with oboe players there are those who, rather than search for a reed that suits them, find it faster to make their own.
速い 【はやい】、疾い 【はやい】、捷い 【はやい】
疾い: Out-dated kanji. 捷い: Out-dated kanji.
1. afternoon; p.m.
午后: Out-dated kanji.
1. to ascend; to go up; to climb
- You cannot climb!
2. to ascend (as a natural process, e.g. the sun); to riseusu. 昇る
- The sun was coming up then.
3. to go to (the capital)
4. to be promoted
5. to add up to
- The loss adds up to more than one million dollars.
6. to advance (in price)
- Prices are rising.
7. to swim up (a river); to sail up
- They rowed up the river.
8. to come up (on the agenda)
- こうもく （
- ぎろん ）
- つづ 。
- Let's proceed with the items on the agenda.
登る 【のぼる】、昇る 【のぼる】、陞る 【のぼる】
陞る: Out-dated kanji.
1. slow; time-consuming; sluggishOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 鈍い
- My pulse is slow.
2. late (in the day); towards the end (of the day or night); until a time far into the day or nightOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 晩い
- He came home late last night.
3. later (than expected or usual); late; behind schedule; behind time; tardy; overdue; unpunctualOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 晩い
4. too late; having missed the boatOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 晩い
5. dull; stupidArchaism, Only applies to 遅い, Only applies to 鈍い
鈍い 【おそい】、晩い 【おそい】、遲い 【おそい】
遲い: Out-dated kanji.