Words — 1174 found
- したが 。
- We are subject to the laws of nature.
2. natural; spontaneous
- Not just for the sake of the ecology, a natural living environment is necessary.
3. naturally; spontaneously
4. Nature"Natural" and "Natural World" redirect here. For other us... Read more
1. variousUsually written using kana alone
- ありがと 。
- かきと 。
- Thank you very much for everything. He wrote it down lest he should forget it.
2. various colors (colours)Archaism
1. gradually; by degrees; little by little; more and more; increasinglyUsually written using kana alone
2. steps; stairs; staircase; terrace
1. cap (esp. a traditional cap worn with sokutai or ikan clothing); crown; diadem; coronetSee also 衣冠, See also 束帯
- The girl in the picture is wearing a crown not of gold but of flowers.
2. top kanji radicalOnly applies to かんむり
3. first verse of a haikai, etc.Only applies to かむり, See also 俳諧
4. best; peerless; firstOnly applies to かん
5. Crown (headgear)A crown is the traditional symbolic form of headgear worn... Read more
冠 【かん】、冠 【かむり】、冠 【かんぶり】
1. moving from place to place; being passed around repeatedly
- They were transferred from one office to another.
2. rolling about
3. Adrift in TokyoAdrift in Tokyo (Japanese title 転々, tenten) is a 2007 Jap... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. tightly (holding on); firmly; securelyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. strongly (built); solidly; sturdily; steadilyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. properly; well; sufficiently; hard (working, etc.); fully; completelyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. reliably; dependably; levelheadedly; shrewdly; wisely; cleverlyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. in succession; one by one
- しゅっぱつ 。
- They started one after another.
1. gradually; steadily; quietly; slowly; little by little
- The words covered are steadily increasing, so check frequently.
徐徐 【じょじょ】、除々 【じょじょ】、除除 【じょじょ】
除々: Irregular kanji usage. 除除: Irregular kanji usage.
1. unexpected; surprising
- Unexpected results were announced.
1. very; extremely; surprisingly; considerablyUsually written using kana alone
2. contemptible; reprehensibleUsually written using kana alone
ずい分 【ずいぶん】、隨分 【ずいぶん】
隨分: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. getting nervous; irritationUsually written using kana alone
- Bill is nervous about the exam.
苛苛 【いらいら】、刺々 【いらいら】、刺刺 【いらいら】、イライラ
刺々: Out-dated kanji. 刺刺: Out-dated kanji.
1. vividly; lively
- も 。
- He has a very vivid imagination.
1. more; much more; still more; all the more
- す 。
- I was at a musical recently, in the third row. Seeing the actor I love up close like that made me feel more smitten with him than ever.
2. step; rung; level; rank
3. paragraph; passage
4. Japanese verb groupSee also 五段, e.g. 食べる
5. first rank (in martial arts, etc.)
1. successively; one after another
- A stream of people came out of the theater.
- すす 。
- The work is progressing steadily.
1. quiet; calm; leisurely; easy
- い 。
- The airplane sailed over our heads.
1. extensive; spaciousSee also 広々とした
- Their dining room is very spacious.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. firmly; absolutely; definitely; flatly; far and away; by far; by a long shot; hands down
- I prefer meat to fish any day.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. magnificent; grand; impressive; dignified; majestic; imposing; stately
- The old man had a noble countenance.
2. fair; square; open; unashamed; brazen
3. grandly; boldly; confidently
- ふるま 。
- He bore himself well at the ceremony.
4. fairly; squarely; unreservedly; brazenly
Details ▸More Words >