Words — 109 found
1. to avoid (physical contact with)Only applies to よける
- The speeding car missed the child, who ran out into the road, by only a hairsbreadth.
2. to avoid (situation)Only applies to さける
- You might avoid an unpleasant experience.
3. to ward off; to avert
4. to put aside; to move out of the wayOnly applies to よける
避ける 【よける】、除ける 【よける】
1. to leave; to go away
- さ 、
- もど 。
- In 1900, he left England, and he never returned.
2. to pass; to elapse
- さ 、
- The good old days have gone, never to return.
3. to be distant
4. to send away; to drive off; to divorce
5. to (do) completelyafter a -masu stem, esp. of a suru verb
6. last ... (e.g. "last April")Only applies to 去る, Antonym: 来る きたる
- けっこん 。
- My sister married a high school teacher last June.
1. taking refuge; finding shelter; evacuation; escape; seeking safe haven
2. Birth controlBirth control is an umbrella term for several techniques ... Read more
1. flight; elopement
2. Hejira (album)Hejira is a 1976 folk/rock/jazz album by Canadian singer-... Read more
1. to dodge; to evade; to avoid; to sidestepUsually written using kana alone
避わす: Irregular kanji usage.
1. (that) cannot be avoided (e.g. problem); unavoidable
- There are a lot of problems we can't avoid.
1. evasion; avoidance; shirking
2. recusation (of a judge); taking exception (to a judge); challengeLaw, etc. term
3. Voir direVoir dire is a legal phrase that refers to an oath to tel... Read more
1. escaping the summer heat; going somewhere cooler during the summer; summering
1. taking refuge; evacuation
2. backup (of data)Computer terminology, See also バックアップ
1. intrauterine device; IUD; contraceptive ring
- ひにん 」
- おお 。
- In Japan the ring shaped ones came into use first so they're also often called "contraceptive rings".
1. emergency evacuation
2. NecessityIn U.S. criminal law, necessity may be either a possible ... Read more
1. oral contraceptives; the pill
2. Combined oral contraceptive pill"The Pill" redirects here. For other meanings, see Pill (... Read more