Words — 40 found
1. to move (house); to transfer (department)
2. to change the target of interest or concern
- Why don't we stop arguing over these piddling matters and get to the issues at hand?
3. to elapse (passage of time)
4. to be permeated by a colour or scent
5. to be infected; to be contagious; to spread (as in fire)Usually written using kana alone
遷る: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to change; to swap; to substitute; to transfer
- うつ 。
- The committee adjourned to another hall.
2. to change the object of one's interest or focus
3. to spend or take time
4. to infectSee also 風邪を移す
- ほんとう ？
- Is it true that you recover from colds when you give them to someone else?
5. to permeate something with the smell or colour of something
6. to move on to the next or different stage of (a plan, etc.)See also 実行に移す
- To know is one thing, and to do is another.
1. the importance of creating an environment conducive to a child's learning; Mencius' mother, three movesYojijukugo (four character compound), See also 孟母三遷の教え もうぼさんせんのおしえ
- もちだ 、
- Don't drag out Chinese sayings about the importance of an environment conducive learning just to justify moving house for a child's entrance exams!
1. relocation of the capital; transfer of the capital
1. demotion; relegation; reduction in rank; degradation; downward move
1. state diagram; state transition diagramComputing
2. State diagramA state diagram is a type of diagram used in computer sci... Read more
1. transition element; transition metalChemistry
2. Transition metalIn chemistry, the term transition metal (sometimes also c... Read more
1. construction of a new shrine and transfer of the enshrined object from the old to the new, occurring at a regular, preordained time
1. thrice moving from house to house
2. the importance of creating an environment conducive to a child's learningAbbreviation, See also 三遷の教え
1. relocation of the capital (by the emperor)
2. relocation of the emperor or an abdicated emperor
1. fixed-interval transfer ceremony (wherein a shrine's sacred object is transferred to a newly constructed main hall)