Words — 1183 found
1. English (language)
2. English languageEnglish is a West Germanic language spoken originally in ... Read more
2. LanguageLanguage may refer either to the specifically human capac... Read more
言語 【ごんご】、言語 【げんきょ】
げんきょ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. story; tale; narrative; account; fable; legend
2. Monogatariis a literary form in traditional Japanese literature, an... Read more
物語り: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. national language
- He likes Japanese, and he's good at it.
2. Japanese language (often as a school subject in Japan)See also 国語科
- こくご 」
- Secondly, some of the Creoles may become independent "national languages" in their own right.
3. native Japanese words (as opposed to loanwords)
4. National languageA national language is a language which has some connecti... Read more
1. honorific; term of respect; polite expression; honorific languagelinguistics terminology
2. Honorific speech in JapaneseThe Japanese language has many honorifics, parts of speec... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. origin of a word; derivation of a word; etymology
2. EtymologyEtymology is the study of the history of words, their ori... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. vocabulary; lexicon; lexis; terminologylinguistics terminology
2. VocabularyA person's vocabulary is the set of words within a langua... Read more
1. abbreviation; acronym
2. AbbreviationAn abbreviation (from Latin brevis, meaning short) is a s... Read more
1. subjectlinguistics terminology
2. Subject (grammar)The subject (abbreviated SUB or SU) is one of the two mai... Read more
1. word; vocabulary; (usually) single-character wordlinguistics terminology
1. to talk about; to speak of; to tell; to narrate
2. to recite; to chant
3. to indicate; to show
1. study of foreign languages
- This will be a good opportunity for me to use my language skills to my advantage.
2. linguisticsSee also 言語学
1. to tell (a story); to give an account of (an event, experience, etc.); to relate; to recount
2. to tell of; to show; to indicate; to prove; to attest to
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. term; terminology
2. wording; choice of words; phraseology
1. to whisper; to murmurUsually written using kana alone
2. to rumor; to rumourUsually written using kana alone, usu. in the passive voice
1. kanji compoundlinguistics terminology
2. idiom; idiomatic phrase
- Learn as many idioms as possible by heart.
- What is the language spoken in Mexico?
- Sum up the passage within 200 words.
3. WordIn language, a word is the smallest element that may be u... Read more
Common word Links
1. foreign language
2. Foreign languageA foreign language is a language indigenous to another co... Read more