Words — 196 found
1. futon; Japanese bedding consisting of a mattress and a duvetSee also 敷き布団 しきぶとん, See also 掛け布団 かけぶとん
- かたづ 。
- In the morning, we put away our futons.
2. round cushion used for Zen meditation (traditionally made of woven bulrush leaves)
3. FutonFuton is an English, a term generally referring to the tr... Read more
蒲団 【ふとん】、薄団 【ふとん】
布団: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 薄団: Irregular kanji usage.
1. thinin ref. to objects, not to people
- Cut the meat into thin slices.
2. pale; light; faint
- He wore a light blue tie.
3. watery; thin; dilute
- つく 。
- I prepared a weak solution of sugar and water.
4. weak (taste, etc.); little (affection, etc.) not much (of a presence)
- I'd like my coffee weak.
5. slim (probability, etc.); small
- うす 。
- There is little hope of my success.
6. sparse; patchy; scattered
1. thin (e.g. air); diluted; sparse; lean; weak; rarified; rarefied
2. lacking (e.g. empathy); deficient; insufficient (e.g. zeal)
1. frivolous; flippant; superficial; shallow; trifling; insincere
1. dim light; faint light; half-light of early morning; twilight
1. to dilute; to water down
1. dusk; nightfall; twilight
2. DuskDusk is the beginning of darkness in the evening, and occ... Read more
1. feebleness; weakness; weak
1. slightly; lightly; thinly; faintly; dimlyUsually written using kana alone
- Actually if you eat beets your urine may turn a light pink colour.
薄っすら: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. filthy; dirty (looking); drab
薄汚ない 【うすぎたない】、薄ぎたない 【うすぎたない】