Words — 491 found
1. tobacco; cigarette; cigaret; cigarUsually written using kana alone, From Portuguese “tabaco”
2. tobacco plant (Nicotiana tabacum)Usually written using kana alone
4. TobaccoTobacco is an agricultural product processed from the lea... Read more
莨 【たばこ】、烟草 【たばこ】、煙草 【えんそう】、烟草 【えんそう】、タバコ
たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). 莨: Rarely-used kanji form. たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). 烟草: Rarely-used kanji form. 烟草: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. grass; weed; herb; thatch
3. not genuine; substandard
4. LOL; hahaInternet slang, See also ｗ, multiple repetitions of "w" ("LOL") resembles grass: wwwwww
艸: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. flower; flowering plant
3. Ornamental plantOrnamental plants are plants that are grown for decorativ... Read more
2. WeedThe term weed is used in both technical and general sense... Read more
1. grassy field; grassland; meadow
2. grass-covered plain; savannah; prairie; steppeOnly applies to そうげん
3. GrasslandGrasslands are areas where the vegetation is dominated by... Read more
草原 【くさはら】、草原 【くさわら】
1. pasture; grass
2. PasturePasture (from the Latin pastus, past participle of pascer... Read more
1. cotton plant (Gossypium spp.)Usually written using kana alone
- う 。
- We planted peanuts instead of cotton.
2. batting; wadding; padding
- う 。
- A soft answer is a specific cure of anger.
棉 【わた】、草綿 【わた】、ワタ
1. grassland; meadow
2. MeadowA meadow is a field vegetated primarily by grass and othe... Read more
1. to get tired; to become exhausted; to grow wearyUsually written using kana alone
- I'm very tired from work.
2. to become worn out; to become battered (from long use)Usually written using kana alone
3. to get tired of (doing); to get fed up withUsually written using kana alone, after the -masu stem of a verb
- Jack was tired from having walked fifty miles.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. zori; traditional Japanese thonged sandals
2. Zōriare flat and thonged Japanese sandals made of rice straw ... Read more
じょうり: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. gesture; movement; action; behavior; behaviour; bearing; mannerism
- わらいだ 。
- The gesture fetched a laugh from the audience.
2. acting; performance
仕種 【しぐさ】、為種 【しぐさ】
1. roots of grass; places hidden from sightSee also 草の根を分けて探す
- I want you to search high and low for a writer who's just right for this project. Leave no stone unturned.
2. grassroots (e.g. of a political party); rank and file
- We must focus on building a solid grass-roots movement.
1. pathfinder; trailblazer; early settler
2. pioneer; founder; originator; groundbreaker
法蓮草 【ほうれんそう】、菠薐草 【ほうれんそう】、鳳蓮草 【ほうれんそう】、ホウレン草 【ホウレンそう】、ホウレンソウ
1. loitering on the waySee also 道草を食う みちくさをくう
2. wayside grass