Words — 147 found
1. hole; opening; orifice; perforation
- And the teams competed with each other to try to kick the ball through this hole.
2. pit; hollow; cavity; hole (e.g. in the ground)
3. burrow; den; lair; holt; hole
4. deficit; shortage; (financial) hole; loss
- にたい 、
- Let me apologize once again for missing our meeting.
5. gap (left by a missing employee, team member, etc.); vacancy; opening
6. flaw; fault; defect; weak point; hole (in a theory, plan, etc.); loophole
7. good place not many people know about; well-kept secretSee also 穴場
8. upset victory (with a large payoff); long shot; dark horse
9. (partitioned) box (type of floor seating in a traditional Japanese theatre)See also 枡, theatre jargon
10. hiding place; hideoutArchaism
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. bucket; pailUsually written using kana alone
2. BucketA bucket (or pail) is typically a watertight, vertical cy... Read more
馬穴: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form. 馬尻: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form.
1. pitfall; trap; pit
2. Trou de loupIn medieval fortification, a trou de loup (French for "wo... Read more
落し穴 【おとしあな】、陥し穴 【おとしあな】、陥とし穴 【おとしあな】、陥穴 【おとしあな】
1. badgerUsually written using kana alone
- ほ 。
- Badgers dig deep holes.
2. Eurasian badger (Meles meles)Usually written using kana alone
4. European badgerThe European badger (Meles meles) is a species of badger ... Read more
穴熊 【あなくま】、貛 【あなぐま】、貛 【あなくま】、アナグマ
貛: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 貛: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. filling (up) a hole
2. filling in (for a gap, vacancy, etc.); stopgap; filler (e.g. article)
3. making up (for a loss, damage, etc.); covering (a deficit); compensation
- The country is trying hard to make up for her trade deficit.
4. cloze deletion (test format)
1. good place not many people know about; great little-known spot (for); good out-of-the-way place; well-kept secret; hidden gem of a place
2. betting booth (at a racecourse)Colloquialism
1. secret passage; underground passage
- The new tax law is full of loopholes.
3. hole one can go through; opening
1. large hole
2. big deficit; heavy losses
3. long-shot win (in horse racing, etc.); big winnings (on a long shot); a killing (made from a bet)
- Let's suppose you happen to strike it rich at the races.
1. riddled with holes; full of holes
2. full of flaws; full of loopholes; faulty; flawed
- The argument is full of holes.
1. ass; arse; buttocksUsually written using kana alone, Colloquialism
- ときどき 、
- Sometimes I feel like kicking my own rump.
2. rear; endUsually written using kana alone, Colloquialism
3. acupuncture pointOnly applies to 穴
4. hole; notchOnly applies to 穴
5. ButtocksThe buttocks are two rounded portions of the anatomy, loc... Read more
1. to cause a loss
2. to make a hole (in)
- A rat chewed a hole in the wall.
穴をあける 【あなをあける】、穴を空ける 【あなをあける】