Words — 747 found
Common word JLPT N5 Links
2. SoapIn chemistry, soap is a salt of a fatty acid. Soaps are m... Read more
石けん 【せっけん】、石鹼 【せっけん】
石鹼: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. gem; jewel; precious stone
2. GemstoneA gemstone or gem (also called a precious or semi-preciou... Read more
2. CoalCoal (from the Old English term col, which has meant "min... Read more
いしずみ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
- とりつ 。
- Keeton put magnets on the heads of his pigeons.
- さ 。
- Compass needles point to the north.
3. MagnetA magnet is a material or object that produces a magnetic... Read more
2. petrifaction; petrification; fossilization; fossilisation
3. Fossilprocess. ]] Fossils (from Latin fossus, literally "having... Read more
2. Rock (geology)In geology, rock or stone is a naturally occurring solid ... Read more
- ひろいあ 。
- The child picked up a small stone.
2. jewel; precious stone
3. flint (in a lighter)
4. stoneGo (game)
5. stone (in the bladder, kidney etc.); calculusMedicine
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. as one would expect; just as you'd expect (from); just like (someone)Usually written using kana alone
2. still; all the same; after allUsually written using kana alone, See also さすがに, usu. as 〜に
3. even ... (e.g. "even a genius")Usually written using kana alone, as さすがの...も
遉 【さすが】、有繋 【さすが】
流石: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 遉: Rarely-used kanji form. 有繋: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. stone monument bearing an inscription (esp. memorial for future generations); stele; stela
石文 【いしぶみ】、碑 【ひ】
2. MarbleMarble is a non-foliated metamorphic rock composed of rec... Read more
2. GallstoneA gallstone is a crystalline concretion formed within the... Read more
1. common camellia (Camellia japonica)
- The tea tree is a kind of camellia.
2. tea produced in the mountainsArchaism, Only applies to さんちゃ
3. CamelliaCamellia, the camellias, is a genus of flowering plants i... Read more
山茶 【つばき】、海石榴 【つばき】、山茶 【さんちゃ】、ツバキ
1. stone wall
2. Stone wallStone walls are a kind of masonry construction which have... Read more
石垣 【いしがけ】、石崖 【いしがけ】
石崖: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. touchstone; Lydian stone
2. touchstone (e.g. of success); test; litmus test
- Dreams are the touchstones of our characters.
3. Touchstone (assaying tool)A touchstone is a small tablet of dark stone such as fiel... Read more
1. strategic arrangement of go stones at the beginning of a game; opening movesGo (game)
2. preparations; preparatory steps; arrangements; (laying the) groundwork (for)
3. FusekiFuseki (布石 or 布局 in Chinese) is the whole board opening i... Read more
1. pebble; small stone
2. GravelGravel /ˈɡrævəl/ is composed of unconsolidated rock frag... Read more
1. Stone Age
2. Stone AgeThe Stone Age is a broad prehistoric period during which ... Read more
2. MeteoriteA meteorite is a natural object originating in outer spac... Read more
1. standard practice; playing by the book; established tactic; formula
2. joseki (jōseki); standard sequence of moves (esp. in a corner)Go (game)
3. JosekiIn Go, joseki are studied sequences of moves in the corne... Read more