Words — 707 found
Common word JLPT N5 Links
2. SoapIn chemistry, soap is a salt of a fatty acid. Soaps are m... Read more
石けん 【せっけん】、石鹼 【せっけん】
石鹼: Out-dated kanji.
1. oil; petroleum; kerosene
2. PetroleumPetroleum. The Latin word petra is a loanword from Greek ... Read more
1. gem; jewel; precious stone
2. GemstoneA gemstone or gem (also called a precious or semi-preciou... Read more
2. CoalCoal (from the Old English term col, which has meant "min... Read more
いしずみ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
- とりつ 。
- Keeton put magnets on the heads of his pigeons.
- さ 。
- Compass needles point to the north.
3. MagnetA magnet is a material or object that produces a magnetic... Read more
2. petrifaction; petrification; fossilization; fossilisation
3. Fossilprocess. ]] Fossils (from Latin fossus, literally "having... Read more
2. Rock (geology)In geology, rock or stone is a naturally occurring solid ... Read more
- ひろいあ 。
- The child picked up a small stone.
2. gem; jewel
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. as one would expectUsually written using kana alone
2. still; all the sameUsually written using kana alone
3. even... (e.g. "even a genius...")Usually written using kana alone, as さすがの〜も
遉 【さすが】、有繋 【さすが】
流石: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. stone monument bearing an inscription (esp. memorial for future generations); stele; stela
石文 【いしぶみ】、碑 【ひ】
2. MarbleMarble is a non-foliated metamorphic rock composed of rec... Read more
1. stone wall
2. Stone wallStone walls are a kind of masonry construction which have... Read more
石崖 【いしがき】、石崖 【いしがけ】
2. GallstoneA gallstone is a crystalline concretion formed within the... Read more
1. touchstone; Lydian stone
2. touchstone (e.g. of success); test; litmus test
- Dreams are the touchstones of our characters.
3. Touchstone (assaying tool)A touchstone is a small tablet of dark stone such as fiel... Read more
1. strategic arrangement of go stones; opening moves
2. preparation; preparatory steps; groundwork
3. FusekiFuseki (布石 or 布局 in Chinese) is the whole board opening i... Read more
2. GravelGravel /ˈɡrævəl/ is composed of unconsolidated rock frag... Read more
1. Stone Age
2. Stone AgeThe Stone Age is a broad prehistoric period during which ... Read more
1. standard practice; playing by the book; established tactic; formula
2. joseki (in go); standard sequence (esp. in a corner); standard move
3. JosekiIn Go, joseki are studied sequences of moves in the corne... Read more
2. MeteoriteA meteorite is a natural object originating in outer spac... Read more
1. stone monument
2. SteleA stele, also stela Latin, is a stone or wooden slab, gen... Read more