Words — 93 found
1. to sink; to go under; to submerge
2. to go down (e.g. sun); to set; to descend
3. to feel depressed; to become subdued; to become somber
1. silence; being silent; quiet; hush
2. reticence; inaction
1. sinking; foundering; going down; submersion
2. getting dead drunkColloquialism
3. having too much fun (esp. in a red-light district, etc.) and missing work or neglecting one's dutiesColloquialism
4. staying in one place for a long timeSlang, backpacker slang
1. to sink (e.g. a ship); to submerge
- しず 。
- They sank ten enemy ships.
2. to lower (e.g. one's body into a chair)
3. to floor (an opponent)
- He's mowed down a parade of challengers before.
1. composure; calmness; self-possession; presence of mind
2. depositing (at the bottom); deposition; accumulation; adherence
- けしと 。
- Her calm words banished our fears.
1. depressed in spirits; dispirited; disheartened; rejectionYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. ups and downs; bobbing up and down; rising and falling; ebbing and flowing
1. depression; low spirits; dejection
銷沈: Rarely-used kanji form.
JLPT N1 Links
1. precipitation; deposition; settlement (e.g. of sediment)
2. Precipitation (chemistry)Precipitation is the formation of a solid in a solution o... Read more
1. floating and sinking; rise and fall; ebb and flow; ups and downs
1. kimchi; kimcheeFood, cooking, Usually written using kana alone, From Korean
沈菜: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. sedimentation (e.g. of red blood cells); precipitation; settling
2. subsidence (e.g. of land); sinking; submerging
1. silent (esp. of the passing of the night)
2. piercing (cold)Only applies to しんしん
深深 【しんしん】、沈々 【しんしん】、沈沈 【しんしん】、沈々 【ちんちん】、沈沈 【ちんちん】
1. scuttling one's own boat
2. ScuttlingScuttling is the act of deliberately sinking a ship by al... Read more