Words — 173 found
1. river; streamOnly applies to かわ
- なが 。
- This river is three times longer than that one.
2. River; the ... riversuffix used with the names of rivers
- Which is longer, the Shinano River or the Agano River?
4. RiverA river is a natural watercourse, usually freshwater, flo... Read more
川 【がわ】、河 【かわ】、河 【がわ】
1. riverbank; riverside
- いとをたれ 。
- Several men are fishing from the riverbank.
河岸 【かわぎし】、河岸 【かがん】
1. being carried away by a current
2. drowning in a river; person who drowned in a river
3. cancellation; standing up; breaking a promise
1. going downstream (in a boat)
2. River rafting rideA river rafting ride (also commonly referred to as a "riv... Read more
1. Milky Way; luminous band corresponding to the plane of the galaxyAstronomy, etc. term
2. Milky Way (mythology)There are many myths and legends about the origin of the ... Read more
天の川 【あまのかわ】、天の河 【あまのがわ】、天の河 【あまのかわ】
あまのかわ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あまのかわ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. Sanzu River (Buddhist equivalent of the River Styx)Buddhist term
1. senryū; comic haiku; humorous seventeen-mora poem
2. Senryūis a Japanese form of short poetry similar to haiku in co... Read more
1. Rhine (river)
2. Rhein (river)
3. RhineThe Rhine is a river that flows from Grisons in the easte... Read more