Words — 20 found
1. to surpass; to outstrip; to excel
勝れる 【すぐれる】、傑れる 【すぐれる】
1. masterpiece; best work
- み 、
- おどろ 。
- He was surprised to find the great artist's masterpiece hung on the wall upside down.
2. amusing blunder; funny mistake; bonerwith sarcastic tone
- A-ha-ha-ha! What a blunder!
1. hero; warrior of matchless valor; heroic characterYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. masterwork; masterpiece; crowning work; one's magnum opus; work of the highest quality
- This book is one of the poet's best works.
1. three great nobles of the Restoration (Okubo Toshimichi, Saigo Takamori and Kido Takayoshi); three statesmen who played an important role during the Meiji Restoration
2. Three great noblesIn Japan, Three great nobles are figured playing an impor... Read more