Words — 185 found
1. sound; noise; report
- き 。
- We can hear the ocean from here.
- だ 。
- She struck high notes on the piano.
3. fameOnly applies to おと
4. Chinese-derived character readingOnly applies to おん, See also 訓 くん
5. SoundSound is a mechanical wave that is an oscillation of pres... Read more
音 【ね】、音 【おん】
2. MusicMusic is an art form whose medium is sound and silence. I... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. tone color; tone colour; tone quality; timbre
- The guitar is in tune.
2. Timbre]] In music, timbre, also known as tone color, is the qua... Read more
音いろ 【ねいろ】、音色 【おんしょく】
1. tone quality; sound quality
2. Sound qualitySound quality is the quality of the audio output from var... Read more
1. voice; speech; sound of a voice
2. sound (e.g. of a TV)Only applies to おんせい
- Do you mind if I turn down the TV?
3. SpeechSpeech is the vocalized form of human communication. It i... Read more
2. MusicianA musician usually plays a musical instrument, especially... Read more
2. SyllableA syllable is a unit of organization for a sequence of sp... Read more
1. musical note; note symbol
- ひ 。
- He played piano by ear.
2. phonetic symbol (incl. the kanji and kana-doubling symbols, vowel-lengthening symbol, etc.)
3. part of a kanji for which the role is primarily to represent the pronunciation (as opposed to the meaning)See also 意符
4. NoteIn music, the term note has two primary meanings: A sign ... Read more
1. tone deafness; amusia; having no ear for music
2. having no sense of (e.g. direction); being hopeless when it comes to (e.g. computers); -illiterate
- He doesn't realise that he's tone deaf.
3. Tone deafnessTone deafness is the lack of relative pitch, or the inabi... Read more
1. speed of sound
2. Speed of soundThe speed of sound is the distance travelled during a uni... Read more
1. interval; stepMusic
2. pitch; key
3. Interval (music)In music theory, an interval is a combination of two note... Read more
2. Musical scaleIn music, a scale is a sequence of musical notes in ascen... Read more
1. music festival
2. Music festivalA music festival is a festival oriented towards music tha... Read more
2. PhoneticsPhonetics is a branch of linguistics that comprises the s... Read more
1. college of music; school of music; music collegeSee also 音大
2. Ongaku University
1. concert; recital
音楽会 【おんがっかい】、音樂會 【おんがくかい】、音樂會 【おんがっかい】
音樂會: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 音樂會: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. break in contact; not hearing from; having no communication withYojijukugo (four character compound)