Words — 249 found
1. sound; noise; report
- き 。
- We can hear the ocean from here.
2. noteMusic term
- だ 。
- She struck high notes on the piano.
3. fameOnly applies to おと
4. Chinese-derived character readingOnly applies to おん, See also 訓 くん
5. SoundSound is a mechanical wave that is an oscillation of pres... Read more
音 【ね】、音 【おん】
2. MusicMusic is an art form whose medium is sound and silence. I... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. tone color; tone colour; tone quality; timbre
- The guitar is in tune.
2. Timbre]] In music, timbre, also known as tone color, is the qua... Read more
音いろ 【ねいろ】、音色 【おんしょく】
1. tone quality; sound quality
2. Sound qualitySound quality is the quality of the audio output from var... Read more
1. voice; speech; sound of a voice
2. sound (e.g. of a TV)Only applies to おんせい
- Do you mind if I turn down the TV?
3. SpeechSpeech is the vocalized form of human communication. It i... Read more
2. MusicianA musician usually plays a musical instrument, especially... Read more
1. syllablelinguistics terminology
2. SyllableA syllable is a unit of organization for a sequence of sp... Read more
1. speed of sound
2. Speed of soundThe speed of sound is the distance travelled during a uni... Read more
1. musical note; note symbol
- ひ 。
- He played piano by ear.
2. phonetic symbol (incl. the kanji and kana-doubling symbols, vowel-lengthening symbol, etc.)
3. part of a kanji for which the role is primarily to represent the pronunciation (as opposed to the meaning)See also 意符
4. NoteIn music, the term note has two primary meanings: A sign ... Read more
1. tone-deafness; amusia; having no ear for music
2. tone-deaf; off-key
- He doesn't realise that he's tone deaf.
3. having no sense (of something); being hopeless (when it comes to something)
4. Tone deafnessTone deafness is the lack of relative pitch, or the inabi... Read more
1. interval; stepMusic term
2. pitch; key
3. Interval (music)In music theory, an interval is a combination of two note... Read more
1. scaleMusic term
2. Musical scaleIn music, a scale is a sequence of musical notes in ascen... Read more
1. phoneticslinguistics terminology
2. PhoneticsPhonetics is a branch of linguistics that comprises the s... Read more
1. music festival
2. Music festivalA music festival is a festival oriented towards music tha... Read more
1. college of music; school of music; music collegeSee also 音大
2. Ongaku University
1. concert; recital
音楽会 【おんがっかい】、音樂會 【おんがくかい】、音樂會 【おんがっかい】
音樂會: Out-dated kanji. 音樂會: Out-dated kanji.
1. break in contact; not hearing from; having no communication withYojijukugo (four character compound)