Words — 139 found
1. to hide; to conceal
隠くす 【かくす】、匿す 【かくす】、隱す 【かくす】
隠くす: Irregular okurigana usage. 隱す: Out-dated kanji.
1. to hide; to be hidden; to conceal oneself; to disappear
1. to shut oneself in (e.g. one's room); to be confined in; to seclude oneself; to hide away; to stay inside (one's shell)Usually written using kana alone
- か 。
- He often shuts himself up in the study and writes things like this.
2. to be filled with (emotion, enthusiasm, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
- He sent me an affectionate letter.
3. to fill the room (of a gas, smell, etc.); to be heavy with (e.g. smoke); to be stuffy; to be denseUsually written using kana alone
4. to be muffled (e.g. voice)Usually written using kana alone
5. to hold (a castle, fortress, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
6. to confine oneself in a temple to prayUsually written using kana alone
籠もる 【こもる】、篭もる 【こもる】、籠る 【こもる】、隠る 【こもる】
1. plot; intrigue; scheme
2. conspiracy; agreement between two or more people to commit an unlawful actLaw, etc. term
1. hiding place; hideout; refuge
- The cave did for our hiding place.
2. retreat; hideaway
- The actor has a hideaway in Colorado.
かくれ家 【かくれが】、隠れ処 【かくれが】、隠処 【かくれが】、隠れ家 【かくれや】、かくれ家 【かくれや】
隠処: Irregular okurigana usage. かくれや: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. かくれや: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. hermit; recluse
2. HermitA hermit is a person who lives, to some degree, in seclus... Read more
2. retired person
1. to carry (something) under cover; to carry concealed
- かくしも 。
- The president of that company has an ace up her sleeve.
1. cover (e.g. for illegal activity); front; guise
- The warehouse was a front for drug traffickers.
2. Dendropanax trifidus (species of flowering plant)Usually written using kana alone
3. straw raincoat that makes one invisibleorig. meaning
1. hidden; concealed; unknown; crypto-
2. passing away; dying; deathSee also お隠れ
1. secret language; jargon; cant; argot; slang
2. JargonJargon is terminology which is especially defined in rela... Read more
隱語: Out-dated kanji.
1. hidden commandComputer terminology
2. MaphackMaphack is a generic term that refers to a method or thir... Read more
Common word Links
1. destruction (esp. of evidence); spoliation; suppressionLaw, etc. term
2. hiding; concealment
堙滅 【いんめつ】、湮滅 【いんめつ】、湮滅 【えんめつ】