1. isolation; segregation; separation; quarantine
2. Isolation (health care)In health care, isolation refers to various measures take... Read more
1. every other week; every two weeks
1. being frustrated because something is not quite as hoped (just as one cannot scratch an itch from outside a shoe); having an itch that one cannot scratchYojijukugo (four character compound)
隔靴掻痒 【かくかそうよう】、隔靴搔痒 【かっかそうよう】、隔靴搔痒 【かくかそうよう】
隔靴搔痒: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 隔靴搔痒: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. every second month; every other month
1. isolation; separation; remoteness; seclusion; reclusion; inaccessibility; sequestration
1. feeling that one is living in a completely different age; feeling that something belongs to a different age; feeling that the world has changed dramatically
1. disjunct distribution
2. Disjunct distributionIn biology, a taxon with a disjunct distribution is one t... Read more
1. atavism; throwback; reappearance of an earlier characteristic; skipping a generation; reversion to ancestral typeYojijukugo (four character compound)
2. AtavismAtavism is the tendency to revert to ancestral type. In b... Read more
1. reserve; reticence; unfriendliness; estrangementusu. in the negative as 〜なく, 〜のない, etc.
1. reserve; alienation; estrangementSee also 隔意
きゃくしん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.