Words — 230 found
1. red; crimson; scarlet
- Don't cross the road while the signal is red.
2. red-containing colour (e.g. brown, pink, orange)
3. Red (i.e. communist)Colloquialism, often written as アカ
- It's only the anti-war pinkos who say things like Saddam isn't a threat.
4. red light (traffic)Abbreviation, See also 赤信号
6. complete; total; perfect; obviousSee also 赤の他人
7. copperAbbreviation, Only applies to 赤, See also 銅 あかがね
8. red 5-point card (in hanafuda)Abbreviation, See also あかたん
10. RedRed is any of a number of similar colors evoked by light ... Read more
紅 【あか】、朱 【あか】、緋 【あか】
緋: Out-dated kanji.
1. baby; infant
2. InfantAn infant (from the Latin word infans, meaning "unable to... Read more
1. red; crimson; scarlet; vermilion; vermillion紅い is esp. for scarlet
- Helen blushed at their praise.
2. Red; communist
紅い 【あかい】、朱い 【あかい】、緋い 【あかい】、丹い 【あかい】、赭い 【あかい】
朱い: Out-dated kanji. 緋い: Out-dated kanji. 丹い: Out-dated kanji. 赭い: Out-dated kanji.
1. baby; infant
赤んぼう 【あかんぼう】、赤ん坊 【あかんぼ】、赤んぼ 【あかんぼ】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. (being in) the red; deficitAntonym: 黒字
- How huge a deficit can the nation stand?
2. red letter; red writing
3. corrections (by a teacher or proofreader) written in red
1. red flag
2. Red Flag (Communist Party newspaper)
3. Red flagIn politics, a red flag is a symbol of Socialism, or Comm... Read more
1. red light (traffic)
- It's dangerous for you to cross the street when the light is red.
2. red light; signal to stop; sign of dangerIdiomatic expression
- It raises a red flag for businessmen.
1. red; red color (colour)usu. あかいろ
2. red-colored; redusu. せきしょく
3. communism; the leftOnly applies to せきしょく
1. reddish tinge; tinge of red; slight redness; blushSee also 赤む
赤味: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. red string of fate; in Chinese-Japanese folklore, fated lovers were said to be joined by an unseen red string, tied around one little finger of each