Words — 7 found
1. wound; injury; cut; gash; bruise; scratch; scrape; scar
- The seawater stings my cut.
2. chip; crack; scratch; nick
- めだ 。
- The scar on his forehead is conspicuous.
3. flaw; defect; weakness; weak pointSee also 玉に疵
- There's a scratch here. Could you give me a discount?
4. stain (on one's reputation); disgrace; dishonor; dishonour
- おも 、
- う 。
- Chris' heart felt so empty and damaged that it couldn't be repaired.
5. (emotional) hurt; hurt feelingsSee also 心の傷
疵 【きず】、瑕 【きず】、創 【きず】、キズ
1. to be wounded; to get injured
- お 。
- The injured bird fell to the ground.
2. to get hurt feelings
- きず 。
- The gossip hurt his reputation.
3. to get damaged; to get chipped; to get scratched
傷付く 【きずつく】、疵つく 【きずつく】、疵付く 【きずつく】
1. (opening of) a wound; (mouth of a) wound; cut
1. to wound; to injure
- It is bad to hurt others.
2. to hurt someone's feelings (pride, etc.)
- おそ 、
- い 。
- Afraid of hurting his feelings, I didn't tell him the truth.
3. to damage; to chip; to scratch
傷付ける 【きずつける】、疵付ける 【きずつける】、疵つける 【きずつける】
1. defective article; damaged goods
- さ 。
- They marked the damaged goods down by 40%.
2. deflowered girl; unmarried woman who has lost her virginity
傷もの 【きずもの】、疵物 【きずもの】
疵物: Rarely-used kanji form.