Words — 12 found
1. in that way; thus; suchUsually written using kana alone, See also 斯う, See also ああ, See also 如何 どう, concerning the actions of the listener or concerning the ideas expressed or understood by the listener; with a neg. sentence, implies that something isn't as much as one might think
- かんが 。
- Now that I'm a grownup, I think otherwise.
2. soUsually written using kana alone, used to express agreement with something said
- いた ？」「
- べつ 」「
- "Does your back hurt?" "No, not really." "Oh, that's something then, isn't it?"
3. so?Usually written using kana alone, used to express doubt with something said
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. such; like that; that sort of; veryUsually written using kana alone
然ういう 【そういう】、然う言う 【そういう】、そう言う 【そうゆう】、然う言う 【そうゆう】、然うゆう 【そうゆう】
そうゆう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. そうゆう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. そうゆう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. so much; so often; so long; particularly; especiallyUsually written using kana alone, with neg. sentence
- い 、
- You can't hide the fact that you're having a hard time. Bad news travels fast you know.
2. oh, yes!; that's it; I rememberUsually written using kana alone, said when recalling something
- ちょうし 。
- That a boy!
3. that's right; quite; indeedUsually written using kana alone, expressing agreement or affirmation
1. if so; in that case; in that situationUsually written using kana alone
1. things don't work that well in the real world; things seldom go as one wishes; that is expecting too much; it won't be that easyIdiomatic expression
そうは問屋がおろさない 【そうはとんやがおろさない】、然うは問屋が卸さない 【そうはとんやがおろさない】
1. then; and then; and; if so; because then; if that's the caseUsually written using kana alone, See also それなら
1. you wish!; that's not going to happen; not a chanceJocular, humorous term, pun on そうは行かぬ
そうは烏賊の金玉 【そうはいかのきんたま】、然うは烏賊の金玉 【そうはいかのきんたま】、そうはイカのキンタマ
1. rare; uncommon; not often seenUsually written using kana alone
然う然うない 【そうそうない】、然う然う無い 【そうそうない】