Words — 24 found
1. to clear up; to clear away; to be sunny; to stop raining
- It will be fine tomorrow.
2. to refresh (e.g. spirits)
- は 。
- His depression came to an end when she kissed him.
3. to be cleared (e.g. of a suspicion)See also 疑いが晴れる
- は 。
- Tom's acknowledgement that he stole the ring cleared the maid of suspicion.
4. to be dispelled; to be banished
1. break (in the weather, esp. rain or snow); interval of clear weather
- After dark clouds, you get periods of refreshing clear weather.
2. patch of blue sky
3. period of serenityArchaism
晴間 【はれま】、霽れ間 【はれま】
1. to clear up; to become cloudless; to be refreshed
晴渡る 【はれわたる】、晴れわたる 【はれわたる】
1. clear; splendid; cheerful; bright (e.g. look)
1. man who brings good weather with him wherever he goes; man who is always lucky with the weatherSee also 雨男
1. big moment (e.g. performance, in the spotlight); gala occasion; (on the) world stageSee also 晴れの舞台
1. woman who brings good weather with her wherever she goes; woman who is always lucky with the weatherSee also 雨女
1. grand; formal; ceremonial; showy; festive; cheerful
2. (feeling) awkward; self-conscious; embarrassed; uncomfortable