Words — 19 found
1. to wind; to coil; to roll; to wear (e.g. turban, scarf)
2. to envelope; to shroudusu. 巻かれる
3. to outflank; to skirt
4. to link (verse)See also 付合 つけあい
5. to move ahead (three hours, etc.); to move up
1. to turn up; to roll up (e.g. sleeves)Usually written using kana alone
2. to do over and over again; to do relentlessly; to do with reckless abandonUsually written using kana alone
- つか 、
- If you go around the Internet, using half-width katakana in various places, eventually you're going to end up pissing off a lot of people.
3. to stage a comeback (against) (in mahjong, horse racing, etc.); to come from behindSlang, Usually written using kana alone
1. to turn over; to turn (pages); to leaf through (a book, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
- She was idly turning over the pages of a magazine.
2. to tear off; to strip off; to take off; to pull off (e.g. a blanket); to pull up (e.g. floorboards); to tear upUsually written using kana alone
1. to roll up; to hoist; to heave up
2. to take away; to rip off (e.g. money from someone)
- ときどき 、
- Tom sometimes rips off his customers.
3. to blow up (dust)
巻き揚げる 【まきあげる】、捲き上げる 【まきあげる】、巻上げる 【まきあげる】
1. to talk on and on; to rattle on; to keep on talking (without pause)
捲し立てる 【まくしたてる】、捲したてる 【まくしたてる】、捲くし立てる 【まくしたてる】
捲くし立てる: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to be turned up; to be turned inside out; to ride up; to be lifted (e.g. by wind)Usually written using kana alone
1. recouping one's strength for a renewed attack; making another attempt with redoubled effortsYojijukugo (four character compound)
捲土重来 【けんどじゅうらい】、巻土重来 【けんどちょうらい】、巻土重来 【けんどじゅうらい】、けん土重来 【けんどちょうらい】、けん土重来 【けんどじゅうらい】
巻土重来: Rarely-used kanji form. 巻土重来: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. program board (concert, theatrical production); act-announcement sheets
2. mekuri karutaUsually written using kana alone, Abbreviation, See also 捲りカルタ めくりカルタ
1. to tuck (e.g. sleeves); to roll upSee also 捲り上げる まくりあげる
1. draw pile
2. mekuri karuta (card game popular in the late Edo period)See also めくりカルタ
捲り札 【めくりふだ】、メクリ札 【めくりふだ】
1. mekuri karuta; deck of 48 (later 49) cards or the fishing game played with it, esp. popular in the late Edo periodUsually written using kana alone
2. hanafudaUsually written using kana alone, See also 花札
1. to arise; to break out; to well up; to burst
巻き起る 【まきおこる】、捲き起る 【まきおこる】、捲き起こる 【まきおこる】、巻起こる 【まきおこる】、巻起る 【まきおこる】
1. unframed painting; unframed drawingUsually written using kana alone
2. suddenly coming up from behind and overtaking on the outside (keirin)Sports, See also 競輪