Words — 63 found
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. swing; shake; wave; swinging
2. appearance; behaviourUsually written using kana alone
- Learn wisdom from the faults of others.
3. pretence (pretense); show; pretending (to)Usually written using kana alone, See also 振りをする, oft. after a noun+の or verb in the dictionary form
- I affected not to understand what he was saying.
4. going to restaurant, hotel etc. without a reservation or introductionUsually written using kana alone
5. move (dance); postures
6. lead in (e.g. to a running joke, asking a question); lead upUsually written using kana alone, See also 前振り, oft. as フリ
7. unsewn part of a hanging sleeve on a traditional Japanese woman's garment
8. counter for swords, blades, etc.
9. not wearing underwear or pantsArchaism
10. WindWind is the flow of gases on a large scale. On Earth, win... Read more
1. style; manner; wayUsually written using kana alone
- きにい 。
- He did not like her manner of speech.
2. after (period of time) again (e.g. meeting again after a year); for the first time in (period of time)Usually written using kana alone, See also 久しぶり ひさしぶり
- He went to his office after an absence of five weeks.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. shaking (something) out
2. starting point; beginning; outset
- We were back to square one.
3. drawing (e.g. of a bill); issue; draft
4. throw (of dice)
5. infusion (remedy)Abbreviation, See also 振り出し薬
6. shaker (e.g. saltshaker)
振出し 【ふりだし】、振出 【ふりだし】、振り出 【ふりだし】
1. to turn one's head; to look over one's shoulder; to turn around; to look back
2. to think back (on); to reminisce; to look back (on); to reflect (on)
振りかえる 【ふりかえる】、ふり返る 【ふりかえる】、振返る 【ふりかえる】
1. to wield; to brandish; to flourish; to wave (about); to swing
2. to display (one's knowledge); to show off
3. to abuse (one's power)
4. to manipulate someone
振りまわす 【ふりまわす】、振回す 【ふりまわす】
1. to make a payment via bank deposit transfer
2. to discard another player's winning tileMahjong
1. transfer; switching over; change
2. money transfer (usu. between accounts held by the same person)
3. postal transferAbbreviation, See also 郵便振替
振り替え 【ふりかえ】、振替え 【ふりかえ】、振り替 【ふりかえ】
1. to shake off; to shake free from
2. to swing completely (bat, club, etc.); to take a full swing
3. to break off from (pursuer); to pull away
- The prisoner broke away from the guards who were holding him.
4. to reject (request); to ignore
1. to turn one's face; to turn around; to look over one's shoulder
1. to shake out
2. to draw a check (bill, draft, etc.); to issue (e.g. money order)
3. to infuse (e.g. in hot water)
- Checks should be made payable to the ABC Company.
1. to use to the full (one's voice, energy, etc.); to muster all of (one's strength, courage, etc.); to summon all of; to exert fully; to strain (one's voice)
- だ 。
- He used all his strength to crawl out of the wrecked car.
振りしぼる 【ふりしぼる】、振絞る 【ふりしぼる】
1. to divide in two; to divide in half
2. to apportion; to divide among; to portion out; to allot; to assign
- ふりわ 。
- The boss allotted tasks to his men.
1. long-sleeved kimono
2. FurisodeA furisode is a style of kimono distinguishable by its lo... Read more
振袖 【ふりそで】、振りそで 【ふりそで】
1. to sprinkle over (e.g. salt, pepper, etc. on food)Usually written using kana alone
1. to turn (around)
- He did not so much as turn his head.
2. to appropriate; to set aside for a purpose
- へら 。
- Corporations are downsizing and reducing the amount of profits they put back into R&D.
1. to scatter; to sprinkle; to spray; to strew
- She sprayed pesticide on the flowers.
2. to lavish (money, charm, etc.)See also 愛嬌を振りまく
- Helen made herself agreeable to everyone at the party.