Words — 18 found
1. inside the breast of one's clothing (esp. kimono); bosom; (breast) pocket
- とりだ 。
- He took out the wallet from his inside jacket pocket.
2. space between one's chest and outstretched arms; (one's) reach
- But God the only begotten Son, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.
3. heart (e.g. of a mountain); bosom (e.g. of nature); depths; inner part
4. mind; heart; inner thoughts
5. money (one is carrying); purse; pocketbook
- He came back not because he was homesick, but because he was running short of money.
懷: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. flush with money; having a full purse; having a full handbag
1. paper folded and tucked inside the front of one's kimono (esp. for use at the tea ceremony)
2. paper used for writing tanka
1. broad-mindedSee also 懐の深い
2. (of a rikishi) tall, with long reach, making it harder for their opponent to get a grip on their mawashi
1. to make a dent in one's purse; to have to pay out of one's own pocket
1. to carry in one's pocket; to own
2. to take; to carry about