Words — 55 found
1. to be enthusiastic about; to be eager; to be keen
意気ごむ 【いきごむ】、息込む 【いきごむ】
息込む: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word Links
1. shortness of breath; panting; puffing
2. running out of steam (e.g. economy); losing momentum
1. to rage; to storm (at); to be furious
- いきま 。
- He is fuming that they will be sorry for it some day.
2. to enthuse; to speak enthusiastically; to speak with vigour; to get worked up
1. lasting (work); sustained (effort); prolonged
- This is going to require a long steady effort.
1. to die; to draw one's last breath; to breathe one's lastIdiomatic expression
息をひきとる 【いきをひきとる】、息を引きとる 【いきをひきとる】
1. to catch one's breath; to gulp; to have one's breath taken away; to gasp
息を飲む 【いきをのむ】、息をのむ 【いきをのむ】、息を嚥む 【いきをのむ】
1. to resume breathing; to come around; to come back to life
1. to have the personal support of (an influential person); to be under the patronage of
1. to take a breath; to take a short restSee also 息をつく
息吐く 【いきつく】、息付く 【いきつく】
1. to take a breath; to take a short rest
息を吐く 【いきをつく】、息を付く 【いきをつく】