Words — 12 found
1. to think; to consider; to believe; to reckon想う has connotations of heart-felt
2. to think (of doing); to plan (to do)
3. to judge; to assess; to regard
4. to imagine; to suppose; to dream
- We are never as happy or as unhappy as we imagine.
5. to expect; to look forward to
6. to feel; to be (in a state of mind); to desire; to want
7. to recall; to remember
想う 【おもう】、念う 【おもう】、憶う 【おもう】、懐う 【おもう】、惟う 【おもう】
Common word Links
1. to one's heart's content; to one's complete satisfaction; as much as one likes; heartily; thoroughly; without restraint
1. one's wishes; one's expectations
- You will play into their hands.
2. just as expected
思う壷 【おもうつぼ】、思う壺 【おもうつぼ】、思うツボ 【おもうツボ】
1. to one's heart's content or satisfactionSee also 思うまま
- I would rather let him have his own way.
1. presumably; conceivably; in my opinion; in my view; I think (that); upon thought; upon reflection
1. if you don't speak your mind, you'll feel uneasy afterwardsProverb
1. to turn out just as one wished; to play into the hands (of)Idiomatic expression
思う壷にはまる 【おもうつぼにはまる】、思うつぼにはまる 【おもうつぼにはまる】
1. where there is a will, there is a wayProverb