Words — 1 found
1. skillful; skilful; clever; expert; wise; successfulUsually written using kana alone, esp. 上手い,巧い
- She's very good at tennis, but she's not much of a swimmer.
2. delicious; appetizing; appetising; tastyUsually written using kana alone, esp. 旨い, 美味い, 甘い
- That place's food is great, and their prices are good, but the fly in the ointment is their terrible location.
3. fortunate; splendid; promisingUsually written using kana alone, esp. 旨い
- That's too good a story to be true.
美味い 【うまい】、旨い 【うまい】、巧い 【うまい】、甘い 【うまい】、美い 【うまい】