Words — 10 found
1. beginning; start; outset; opening
2. first (in line, etc.)esp. 初め
3. originesp. 始め
4. such as ...; not to mention ...Usually written using kana alone, esp. 始め; as 〜を始め, 〜を始めとして, etc.
- せかい １５
- まな 。
- At this language centre, about 15 international languages are taught, including English.
1. for the first timeSee also 始める
- とき 、
- When I was sixteen, I played tennis for the first time.
2. only after ... is it ...; only when ... do you ...after the -te form of a verb
- Only through protest can a free and open society be maintained.
始めて 【はじめて】、甫めて 【はじめて】
1. to start; to begin; to commence; to initiate; to originate
- When did you begin playing golf?
2. to open (e.g. a store); to start up; to establish (business. etc.)
- はじ 。
- We three sisters opened a coffee shop.
3. to start ...; to begin to ...See also 為始める, after the -masu stem of a verb
- はじ 。
- The room started to spin after I drank too much.
1. first; firstly; first of all; to begin with; in the beginning; at the beginning
2. Introduction; PrefaceUsually written using kana alone, as section heading of a book, etc.
JLPT N2 Links
1. How do you do?; I am glad to meet youUsually written using kana alone